HTML Grids

Hello, I am very new to this and cannot get a HTML grid to actually represent a grid:

This is how I want the grid to look:

However my grid only outlines the border and not middle cells, can someone help with this (remember I am a beginner):

<table align="left" border="10" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="border:2px solid black;">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<th><strong>What has changed?</strong></th>
			<th><strong>Evidence Required</strong></th>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><strong>Earnings (wages or salary)</strong></td>
			<td>If you are paid weekly, please provide your last 5 wages slips.</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td>&nbsp;</td>
			<td>If you are paid every two weeks, please provide your last 3 wage slips.</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td>&nbsp;</td>
			<td>If you are paid every month, please provide your last 2 wage slips.</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td colspan="2"><em><strong>If you are unable to provide your payslips, please request a Certificate of Earnings Form, which can be completed by your employer.</strong></em></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><strong>Earnings (self-employed)</strong></td>
			<td>Please provide your accounts for the last financial year, or if you have been trading for less than six months, a summary of your trading records so far, business bank account and latest Inland Revenue assessment.</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td colspan="2"><em><strong>If you do not have this information, please request a Self-Employed Form</strong></em></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><strong>Benefits/Allowances</strong></td>
			<td>None - checks will be carried out with the relevant agency.</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><strong>Private Pension/Pension from a Former Employer</strong></td>
			<td>Please provide a current letter, advice slip or bank statement showing the latest payment</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><strong>Rent (private tenants only)</strong></td>
			<td>Please provide a signed letter from your Landlord or your Rent Book, detailing the date and amount of the increase.</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><strong>Childcare Costs/Childcare Provider</strong></td>
			<td>Please provide the receipts from your registered childminder showing the new amount (If you have a new provider, this must include their registration number).</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>

Thanks

sounds like you need border-collapse: