HTML Basics III 9. Style that Head problem

Alright, I'm getting an error that says to surround Famous monsters with <em></em>, but this is my code:

<html>
    <head>
        <title>Table Time</title>
    </head>

<body>

<table style="border-collapse:collapse;">
            <thead>
                <tr>
                    <th style="color:red" colspan="2"><em>Famous Monsters</em> by <em>Birth Year</em></th>
                </tr>
                <tr style="border-bottom:1px solid black;">
                    <th style="padding:5px;">Famous Monster</th>
                    <th style="padding:5px;border-left:1px solid black;">Birth Year</th>
                </tr>
            </thead>
            <tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding:5px;">King Kong</td>
                    <td style="padding:5px;border-left:1px solid black;">1933</td>     
                </tr>

<tr>
                    <td style="padding:5px;">Dracula</td>
                    <td style="padding:5px;border-left:1px solid black;">1897</td>
                </tr>

<tr>
                    <td style="padding:5px;">Bride of Frankenstein</td>
                    <td style="padding:5px;border-left:1px solid black;">1944</td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>

</body>

</html>

i just answered the exact same question an hour ago. here is a link

That's what the code came with though? I only added the style color red, and the two italics on that line? so I suppose I should take out those others but why would they be there?

Thank you for the prompt response though I greatly appreciate it.

I don't understand. The em tags are at the wrong place, and if i am right, you put them there. They shouldn't be part of the default code in the exercise. So yes, you should take out the em tags, and put them in the right place, then you should be able to continue :slightly_smiling:

HTML Basics III Lesson 9: Style That Head!

OH! I get it, I am supposed to put it under the two column heads, not the title! thank you very much.