HTML Basics II Font Size exercise 8/16

Is there a glitch in Codecademy's program?

The instructions state: On line 7, make the text size 10px | On line 8, make the text size 20px | On line 9, make the text size 40px.

I believe I did this correctly as the content (text) in answer box, to the right of the screen, changed and became tiny, normal, and super large.

However, I have received an error message asking "Did I change the font size to 10px? It looks like it's 12 px...check the hint box."

I've retyped 10px 4 different times, I've shut down and re-started my computer and still the error message persists.

I'm stuck and I can't move forward to the next exercise.

Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated?

I would normally ask you to post your code, but this is a known error. Let me guess, you use chrome or safari as your browser? These browsers have a minimum font-size setting (which you probably guessed by now is set to 12px) so i suggest you do a google search:

change minimum font-size chrome

if you use safari, you obviously enter safari in the search and not chrome. You can have perfectly correct syntax, but if your browser keeps changing it to 12px, it is a bit of a problem. Hope this helps

Of course if you would use a different browser, it would also work, but i guess that make sense

You are correct!

Thank you kindly!

I have the same issue> I cannot go any further because the program keeps telling me that I typed in 16px instead of 10px. I adjusted the font side to minimum ten on chrome, but still it would give the same message. Checked safari and its default setting was 9px. I am not sure what the problem is. Please help.
thank you

Your error message is different, 16px is default font-size. Please post your code and take the following steps to make it visible:

I have the same issue so I guess I'l reply.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<title>Loving the font changes</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<h1 style="font-family: Arial">Big title</h1>
		 <ol>
		 <li style="font-family:Arial; font-size:16px">This item is big Arial.</li>
		 <li style="font-family:Verdana; font-size:12px">This item is medium Verdana</li>
		 <li stlye="font-family:Impact; font-szie:10px">This item is small Impact</li>
		 </ol>
	</body>
</html>

in your last list item you misspelled style and font-size

I rewrote it several time hahaha, must've been alternating between which one each time :joy: Thanks

Hello - I also am having the same issue. I switched from Chrome to Firefox but still have the same issue. Here is my code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<title>First font size change</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<p> <p style="font-size: 10px;"> Some text for you to make tiny! </p>
		<p> <p style="font-size: 20px;">Some text for you to make normal size!</p>
		<p> <p style="font-size: 40px;">Some text for you to make super big!</p>
	</body>
</html>

use these instructions to make your code visible:

I edited it...please check again. Thanks

from the exercise:

Recall that <p> and </p> are opening and closing tags.

We can give tags more instructions by including attributes in the opening tag

Which means you should have one opening tag, not two (you have two paragraph opening tags). instead of adding the style attribute, you also created a extra opening tag, which if you think about it is flawed, because now you have two opening tags, and one closing tag, that doesn't match

Oh OK...I guess that part was not clear to me. Thank you!