Href= - '=' won't go red, can't finish lesson

Hi,

in lesson 8 (although this has happened previously and I had to login with my browser at home - same browser at home as per browser at work) the '=' after href is white, and it should be red.

My code is correct:

<a href="https://www.google.com">Google<a/>

Whenever I press the save and submit code button, it pushes me back saying that I need to check if I placed words between my '' code. Has anyone come across this problem?

I've tried switching browsers, putting gaps in between '=' and commas, I've tried re-coding from scratch, but the equal sign stays white which means the browser isn't picking it up the way it should be.

please help!

Regards,

if the equal sign isn't the right color, something might be wrong earlier in the code, can i see the full code?

Also, your link closing tag seems to have the slash at the wrong place

Check your link position, is it in div-block? Change the place of slesh in closed a-tag

This is full code Screenshot

Nevermind, I found the problem, Facepalm

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent visible:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

It is easier to help with the code

@optat1vely what was the solution you found? I'm having the same problem and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you!

If you need help, please make your own topic with your code and error message + question