Href to link to site

I am on the lesson on href and am not sure what I am doing wrong, is there anyone or anyplace I can look for examples? The screen on the left does not seem to be big enough to see the example listed at the top of the lesson.

yep, codecademy has a glossary, just look for href.

If you need help with code, please post your code so we can check it

The syntax for href codes are as the following:

<a href="URL">Name of link you wish to put</a>
ex
Clash of Clans
<a href = "https://clashofclans.com/clans/clan?clanTag=9LU9JRLP">Clash of Clans</a>

Hello the_s10,

I am stuck at making href. I followed the same exact direction as you have shown in the example but it's still showing the message "Oops, try again. Don't forget to make your href! Check out the example." I don't know what mistake I am making.

This is what I need to do:
In the body section, create a link. To do this, create an tag. Point your link to a website by setting the value of the href attribute
Add a description of your link
Close the element with a closing tag

Can you please help?

Thank you,
Safura

Hi, I think I may be a bit late but can I see your code, note just remove every thing else other than the code.

Thanks the_s10 for writing back, but i'm passed through it :slightly_smiling:

I am too having this issue

here is what i have

<a href="http://codeacademy.com" </a>

general syntax for a link:

<a href="url">text to click on</a>

seems you are missing a > in the link opening tag, and there is not text to click on

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent is visible:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

Perfect, thank you. Got it. it's funny as soon as I posted it I saw my error.

:slightly_smiling: