How to use SQL to analyze real data in a csv file

I’ve gone through Code Academy SQL training and am ready to analyze a real data set that I currently have in a csv file - how do I do that?

I know the actual code and the syntax needed to do what I want to do, but I have no idea how. I need help figuring out what program to download or install to be able to code in SQL and how to import data from the csv file.

Code Academy does a great job at teaching the language, but I’m struggling with the real world application and a quick google search doesn’t seem to do the trick.

Please help!

2 Likes

SQL does not analyze data. We do. All it gives us is a means to apply aggregate functions and conditionals on select groups extracted from the rows in a collection of database tables.

What part of that did you not learn in this course? Can you in all likelihood jump into something if this is still in doubt? There is every reason to do complete review, no matter what the discipline. Learning is all about two steps forward, one step back. It’s a built in requirement.

1 Like

Let me rephrase my question:

What’s the setup to use SQL outside the Code Academy interface for data in a csv file?

1 Like

TBH I really cannot tell you that. You would need a local installation of SQL (or SQLite).