Sometimes I have a hard time progressing with projects. I observe the following:
- I can not yet split tasks into smaller tasks the right way in order then proceed with coding
- Sometimes I simply forget the syntax but can not formulate a search I need to find that syntax
- I search for similar solutions and when I read it I understand most of the time 90% of the code.
- I can implement my own version of the code but only to that 90% I understand.
- I understand much much better now code bases and can read code.
- I more than ever willing to continue and learn
My questions and advice I seek.
I DO really want to understand all in-depth. because a strong understanding of the fundamentals is important.
- If I can’t solve the project 100% myself is it ok to look into others’ code? is it cheating me and will hit me back in the future in the sense that I will not be good at coding? or time and practice will help.
- What would be your recommendation on ways not to forget syntax? is it just a matter of time and practice?
- How to develop the ability to break down the problem into chunks to be able to write a code? (it looks like this is the most essential skill in coding).
Thanks very much in advance for your advice and guidance.
I try to Stay Calm and Keep Coding
Thanks very much