Repl.it → An online tool that can be used to spin up a development environment with the click of a button.
- Create an account on the Repl.it site (or log in if you already have one).
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll have the option to get a tour of the application (highly recommend going through this quick tutorial) or to start coding now. If you select the latter - you’ll automatically be presented with a list of the various types of environments available. You’ll need to select the one specified by your project prompt (ex. Python) to get started.
Note: If you navigate away from this page - not to worry! You can use the top right-hand navigation bar to navigate to the my repls tab at any time, and then use the red plus sign in the bottom right-hand corner to create a new environment.
- Once you select the environment you need, Repl.it should generate you a web-based environment. If you want to rename the project - click on the pen icon in the top left-hand side of the page.
- On the left-hand panel, Repl.it will allow you to create additional files & directories for your project if you need them by clicking the file & folder icons with green plus signs.
- To add additional packages to the environment, you can click on the cube icon on the left-hand panel, and a search bar will appear, which allows you to search for and add packages - examples might include Jquery or Bootstrap.