How to Recover random.js file in codeacademy

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-javascript/lessons/introduction-to-javascript/exercises/random?action=lesson_resume
<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>

```
<do not remove the three backticks above>
1 Like

You’re going to need to explain your problem before we can attempt to help you.

2 Likes

I have this message :

Whoa there!

random.js has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move random.js back to its original location, or reset your files

1 Like

I have the same problem ! i dont how I fixe it !!!

2 Likes

Same problem here, I have no idea how to fix it or if a user can fix it

I have the same problem !

ye me 2 same problem help please

does any1 know how to fix

i was going to sign up for 20 quid a month but had no sapport at all

I too have the same error message. I tried resetting my progress to restore random.js but to no avail.

Same here. I submitted a bug report; I suggest that everyone else does the same.

I got the same message, too. Is that because of something in my laptop or the website?

Can you try resetting the files? If that works, let us know and I’ll pass it up the chain of command.

2 Likes

Yes I try resetting but it’s still not working. When I reset I have a new message : Could not restore workspace. It’s on page 6/8 of Introduction to JavaScript.

i too have this same issue

same. for two days now.

I’m having the same issue: is it a recent bug?

Hi. I am having the exact same issue on page 6/8 of Introduction to JavaScript. It won’t reset either. Does anyone know how to fix this?

PS: Codecademy is great :smiley:

hehe a code error on a website that teaches code :wink: looks like someone tried to streamline some code and deleted something. As budding coders shouldn’t we be looking into finding where the link to random.js is supposed to go?

Also, changing from Chrome to Mozilla Firefox did not help.

Hi I am unable to progress past pg 6 1st problem. Hope you can help, thanks.