How to get error indicator for html like codecademy lesson's text editor in Atom?

In the lessons of codecademy, if we do any error, it indicates that error by a red dot. How can I get that same indicator in my atom text editor? Is there any specific package?

Hi there.

You probably want a linter, which is what provides functionality like highlighting errors and issues with syntax… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, a linter. but which is better for html? I mean which linter package should I install to work like the one here in codecademy lessons?

The base linter I linked to might handle it on it’s own.

If you want a language-specific linter, there’s a list of Atom compatible ones here which you can choose from.

The learning environment is based around the Monaco editor, which is the one Microsoft developed for use with Visual Studio Code. This isn’t to say that you need to switch, though - if you’re happy using Atom (and it’s a fine code editor, I used to use it) then you can carry on using it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay. Thank you for making it clear. I am a beginner here, I’ve just completed HTML course today. And I’ve just started using Atom for a few days and it’s my first editor. It’s really working fine for me. But I think I should give a try to Visual Studio Code too to compare which works better for me.
May be Socrates said, “An unexamined life is not worth living” :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

No worries. :slight_smile:

Yeah, trying out the different editors is never a bad shout.

I switched to VSCode because I liked it better than Atom, though I did install the Atom Keymap extension because they’re so convenient…

1 Like

Okay. That’s a good piece of advice. I’ll give a look at that. Thanks.

1 Like