How to do the second command in 1. Environment?

In nano, at the top of the window, type
"Hello, I am nano."
Using the menu at the bottom of the terminal for reference, type Ctrl + O (the letter, not the number) to save the file. This is the letter "O", not the number zero.

Press Enter, when prompted about the filename to write.

Then type Ctrl + X to exit nano.

Finally, type clear to clear the terminal window. The command prompt should now be at the top of the window.
It wouldn't work

"didn't work" doesn't explain what happened, instead of pasting instructions, tell us what you did, what you expected to happen and what happened!

You don't have to help if you don't know how. You also don't have to come up with excuses for why you're not able to help. Someone else could so thanks. ionatan

Nobody can help if you do not explain what the problem is.

So for your own sake and for everyone that might consider helping out. Make it easy to do so. It gets you answers and nobody has to waste time guessing what information you need.

Being rude doesn't help your cause either I might add.

To solve a problem you have to figure out what the problem is. Since you did not, that's what I'm asking for. It's not an excuse for not knowing, it's explaining to you what information your question is missing.

You need use ctrl under enter, than it will be work. :wink:

For me, I had to make sure I was "in" the Nano environment on a Mac. Otherwise, I was trying to open a file in Chrome. Could this help?

Thanks, for me this solved my problem too!

When I try to prest enter and save the file and then type clear,t the box doesnt tick.
What am i doing wrong?
Please can you help

Gys i found why it wont work use chrome no joke. i was doing it on firefox , switched to chrome worked instantly lmao.