How to add a navbar

Hello I would like to make a website with a navbar but I have no idea how to make one where if you click on a link the navbar is still there. Here are some images to help you under stand what I am asking.

, .
Thanks!!!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Denver,

A navbar is created by making one and adding it on every page you want on your website. Usually these are added in the form of a module, if you don’t use a framework you want to add the code of the navbar on every page.

If you don’t care that much about a design for a navbar you could google for “navbar code snippet”. This might also help as an example of how a navbar is formed from scratch.

Good luck on your website.

2 Likes

Do you also want a navigation bar where if you scroll down it will stay there?
In that case you have to set it’s position to fixed in css.
Also making a navbar can be done with <nav> but i wouldn’t recommend it use other things because <nav> isn’t supported in a few browsers(i mean in older versions) you can always look it up on websites like MDS:

(This is the <nav> tag browser compatibility table)
I’ll hope this helps :grinning:

1 Like

Thank biirra for the help.

1 Like

Thank you lolfail for your help.

1 Like