How many squares for 6 people who want 6 quilts of 6x6 squares?

Thank you very much for explaining this, it makes sense now.

It felt natural to me to cube’d it.

print(6 ** 3 * 6)

I also had the same question but that was because I didn’t read where it stated all 6 of the people wanted 6 quilts each. I assumed all 6 wanted a single quilt each. I’m now reading questions and problems many times to ensure I don’t do this again, it’s a bad habit of mine.

or remember after your print call with your() you can import first (62) then using order of operations append 66 after the bracket denoting your 6 squared and before your closing bracket for the print call
if you were building a string you could assign 6
2 to one value to denote the material for 1 quilt and create 2 new variables for the persons and quantity per person and then build your print call around resolving those numbers in your formula

@cloud3636864943 yeah, finally, 6 PEOPLE HAVE EACH REQUESTED 6 QUILTS, period.
thanks

How many squares for 6 people to have 6 quilts each that are 6x6?

quilt = 6 ** 2

print(quilt) # A quilt has 36 tiles

quilt6 = quilt * 6 # The total for 6 Quilts

print(quilt6) # total of quilts for one person

quilt_people_6 = quilt6 * 6 # total of quilts for six persons

print(quilt_people_6)

Okay so, if anyone read the forum and still had a hard time understanding (those of us who aren’t so great at math), this is how my brain understood it!
I wrote:
#6x6 quilt
quilt_6x6 = an_int = 6*6
print(quilt_6x6)

So, when I went to solve the problem, I thought, six people, 6 quilts, has to be multiplied by 6
I initially wrote out: print(quilt_6x6 * 6) → which as you know is wrong
I then proceeded to type out: print(quilt_6x6 * 6 * 6) → which is correct, but for whatever reason it gave me an error, I guess it just wanted me to use the exponent of 6**4

But, I just didn’t understand where the 4 came from. I knew it was the answer, but where was it from?
I then noticed the variable I did “quilt_6x6” is 6*6, which is then multiplied by 6 more quilts for 6 people → 6 * 6 * 6 * 6!

I know it may seem simple for most, but for those who struggle a bit understanding the why’s of math, this is how my brain deconstructed it! c(-: