How many hours does it take to complete the full-stack engineering career path?

Hi!

How many hours does it take to complete the full-stack engineering career path?

The website says that it takes 6 months, but at what frequency each day at let’s say 5 days every week?

Thank you!
Charles

1 Like

Hi, I started the course in the beginning of June last year (before that already new HTML&CSS) and completed the Full Stack Path in the middle of April this year. So, it took me 10,5 months. But there are a couple of thing to take into account:

• In the beginning of February my progress was 82% of the path but then the course was updated and I lost 30% of it.
  • I was very disciplined for the first 3 months (front-end part), doing it 5 days a week for at least an hour. But then because of the personal circumstances I couldn’t keep up with it and sometimes skipped a whole week. It took me a while to return to my 5 days a week schedule.
  • Course material was not enough for me in React part and in the back-end part, so I switched to other resources until felt ready to move forward with the path.
  • Off -platform projects / Portfolio projects. How much time you will spend on them and how you approach them - depends on you. You may pause with the course until you finish the project or you may work on it while progressing with the Path.

So, I think it is totally possible to finish the path in 6 months if you do it regularly, 5 days a week and get a grasp on all the concepts fast. But if you work full time and you are new to programming, give yourself a bit more time, it’s not a competition :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your helpful response!

If you don’t mind, after how long do you think I could complete the career path if I put in 2-3 hours per day at a pace of 5 days every week? I am only asking in order to plan ahead :slightly_smiling_face:

Charles

Great response. I think results will vary significantly based on prior experience. I have a fair amount of exposure to various programming languages (all beginner or intermediate level at best) and software design exposure as well. I have previously learned HTML and CSS (long before their current flavors). I have been going strong for about 18 days (I spend roughly 2-3 hours per day working on the course) and supposedly 35% through the course. The challenge though is that as the modules get more complex, the amount of time I spend digging deeper and reviewing concepts grows.

I am going to start building some of my projects with a focus on needs for my current work. It will be fun and rewarding to see if I can create some tools that will help me do my job now and build skills for a future career change.

4 Likes

I agree with you. Previous experience matters a lot. I had no experience with programming languages at all, so it was quite tough and required extra time and resources.
Good luck with your projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure, you can totally make it in 6 months or even faster if you stick to this schedule.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for asking this question, too. I was wondering about taking this path after completing the Front End Engineering path.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.