How is this possible?

The code I put in works like is should, site says I'm wrong. I put in the code like the "Hint" states, I'm wrong. I'm wrong when I copy and paste the hint. Now I'm on Lesson 10 Previous Dot 1. Code I put in does not make the dots work like they should, site says I'm correct. I don't know what is going on or if I am learning this properly. I'm more confused than when I started. Don't matter tho, I completed this class and don't know how. I did write my own code. I remember why I stopped using this site two years ago. Won't happen this time. I'm determined to stumble through this whether I learn or not. Since I'm finished, this is just to vent. I really wanted to know why this was happening on different classes. I understand how this site works and can navigate the caveats and senseless syntax pitfalls. Some of the examples were wrong because of whitespace. Whitespace that was put in by the site.

This turned into a vent session so disregard. Just wanted answers, now I just want it to be stated.

Hey Jr,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this lesson!
Could you post your code so I can help you find the problem(s) in it?

Here is my code. I have already finished the course. Had to go back to jQuery class cause I wasn't understanding.

`var main = function() {
$('.dropdown-toggle').click(function() {
$('.dropdown-menu').toggle();
});

$('.arrow-next').click(function() {
    var currentSlide = $('.active-slide');
    var nextSlide = currentSlide.next();

var currentDot = $('.active-dot');
    var nextDot = currentDot.next();

if (nextSlide.length == 0) {
        nextSlide = $('.slide').first();
        nextDot = $('.dot').first();

}

currentSlide.fadeOut(600).removeClass('active-slide');
    nextSlide.fadeIn(600).addClass('active-slide');

currentDot.removeClass('active-dot');
    nextDot.addClass('active-dot');

});

$('.arrow-prev').click(function() {
   var currentSlide = $('.active-slide');
   var prevSlide = currentSlide.prev();

var currentDot = $('.active-dot');
   var prevDot = currentDot.prev();

if (prevSlide.length == 0) {
       prevSlide = $('.slide').last();
   }

currentSlide.fadeOut(600).removeClass('active-slide');
   prevSlide.fadeIn(600).addClass('active-slide');

currentDot.removeClass('active-dot');
   prevDot.addClass('active-dot');
});

};

$(document).ready(main);
`

Still not understanding, this code correct tho. I'm just gonna hack my way through the rest of these courses so I can officially put my coding dreams to rest. I'll stick with the hardware and assembly language. That makes more sense to me. Never thought I would miss finding shorts, taking measurements, hours of calculations, and soldering.

Long story short, I'm past it. Hitting the streets to see what the thugs doing. I got to release some aggression.