How is the Color Spectrum Defined?

I totally get it, so 0 in the HSL (Hue, Saturation, Luminous) would be on the darker side, then as it goes up, it gets lighter, I totally get that, now I know how my colors should be.

1 Like

That depends which positional argument we assign 0. In the first position (Hue) it is Red. In the second position there is no color but gray. In the third position it is black.

2 Likes

thanks !!
You are the Best

1 Like

Hey Can you tell what RGB is?

The syntax for HEX RGB is,

#RRGGBB

where the values ranges from 00 to FF for each primary color, red, green, blue. Because we’re working with light, not pigments, blue is a primary, and yellow is secondary (R + G => Y).

#FF0000  =>  Red
#00FF00  =>  Green
#0000FF  =>  Blue

The hash symbolizes HEXADECIMAL.

We can represent RGB in decimal, as well using the rgb() function.

rgb(255, 255, 255)
     R    G    B

The values for each range from 0 to 255.

CSS3 introduced the alpha channel which means another HEX pair or another value in the case above. The value represents 0 to 100% opacity.

3 Likes

very helpful thanks !!

1 Like

“A RGB file consists in composite layers of Red, Gree and Blue, each being coded on 256 levels from 0 to 255. For example, black corresponds to the levels R=0, G=0, B=0, and white corresponds to the levels R=255, G=255, B=255.”

this is an eye opener from a fresh perspective :grinning:

1 Like

The colors vary depending on which website or browser

Thanks, that was so helpful

Very helpful, thanks.

its not a RGB colour model, its a HSL colour model, HSL stands for “Hue” , “Saturation” and “Lightness” , and is meant to be an intuitive colour model, and be understood by humans better. In CSS, it’s written in a similar format as RGB, like so: hsl(20, 100%, 60%).

“Hue” , basically means colour, and starts with red at 0°. Green sits at 120°, and Blue at 270°. The degress indicate the position of the colour on the wheel.

“Saturation” specifies the intensity or purity of the chosen colour. This is a percentage scale, from 0% to 100%.

2021-08-18_20h33_16

“Lightness” represents the brightness of the chosen colour. Again, like saturation, this is also a percentage scale. 0% lightness is complete darkness, meaning full black. 100% lightness is blinding light, which is pure white.

2021-08-18_20h33_22

1 Like

That was magnificent to read. It’s literally seeing the world in your own colors. Thanks so much for posting this eloquent remark!

я даже палитру в paint открыла и всё равно не могу сообразить, правда там не круг у меня…