How is Pandas utilized in the world?

Question

How is the Pandas module utilized in the world?

Answer

Over time, there is more and more data in the world, which is causing an increasing need for data analysts, scientists, and engineers to make sense of the data, and use it in a meaningful way. This is where Pandas comes in, which allows people to perform analysis on and work with data.

The main steps of the workflow for data analysts, scientists, and engineers, usually is as follows:

• Munging and cleaning data. (Munging means to convert data, usually raw data, from one format to another, that is clearer for us to work with)

• Analyzing and modeling the data.

• Organizing the results in a usable form to plot or store in a table.

Pandas allows us to do all the steps of this workflow.

In addition, Pandas is used in many fields, including finance, mathematics, web development, and many other areas where data is an important factor.

5 Likes

What benefit does panda have over SQL. ?

4 Likes

How would you visualize the data in SQL? What toolset does SQL have that Pandas does not, and vice versa?

10 Likes

So can we say that PANDAS in Python is pretty much similar but more functionally capable than DPLYR in R language ???

Not something I can say. What does a search of comparisons bring up?

Search didn’t bring up any DIRECT results to the query, but after reading basic functionalities of pandas and dplyr, I feel they have both got a lot in common, and both at the very least help in bringing SQL-Like functionality to python and R respectively (like joins, etc)

3 Likes

very cool answer! I love it

If you can’t say much and send people to Google, why reply at all?

First rule of helping people learn is to NOT help them with something they believe they can do themselves.

2 Likes

I agree with your method.

1 Like