need help with syntax which looks like this -

var foodDemand = function ("food") {
    console.log("I want to eat" + " " + food);
};
    foodDemand("Pasta");

Did i got the answer wrong?

The problem is here:

var foodDemand = function ("food") {

namely the "" around food. The idea of a parameter (the things between the () of a function) is that it is a local variable to the function that get's its value by the function call ( e.g. foodDemand("Pasta");). So what you need to do is to just delete the "" now food is a variable and by running your code you should see that it gets the value "Pasta".

Thank you!
I was wondering on this for good 5 or 10 minutes.

Cheers.

why is it foodDemand("Pasta") and not foodDemand = "Pasta" ?
what is the difference?

This is what I did:
var foodDemand = function(foodDemand) {
console.log("I want to eat" + " " + foodDemand)
};
foodDemand ("candy");

The code is ok, but it's not a good idea to use the function name as the name of a parameter as well. Currenctly we're not using it, but this shadows the name of the function inside of it, meaning that you can no longer foodDemand in foodDemand as a function but just as the value you pass to it.

So I'd recommend to choose a different name as you now have 2 variables foodDemand that share nothing but their name and which might be confusive in the long run.

foodDemand("Pasta")

this calls the function (stop currenct program, jump to the function, assign "Pasta" to the first parameter) and this overwrites the function with "Pasta":

foodDemand = "Pasta"

So after this foodDemand will be "Pasta" but no longer a function.

i have that:

var foodDemand = function (food) {
console.log("I want to eat" + " " + food)
};
foodDemand ("pizza");

where's my mistake? the console says "It looks like you didn't print anything to the console."

I did this:
var foodDemand = function(foodDemand) {
console.log("I want to eat" + " " + foodDemand)
};
foodDemand ("candy");

Thanks that helped alot