How do you stay motivated?

I think of how much time I waste on Netflix and how I could be using that time to invest in myself instead.

2 Likes

I’m an electronics guy too. I’ve played with a number of microcontrollers, but most applications for Raspberry Pi refer to Python. So now I’m learning Python for school and for my personal interest in controlling Raspberry Pis.

1 Like

HI I have started with C++

1 Like

Hi, everyone! This field is pretty new for me, my first week is going well. I hug you mentally and wish everyone good progress during this month of challenge! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Vera! Keep us updated on your progress and feel free to reach out anytime. Happy coding~

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your support! :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello everyone , I am starting the 30day coding challenge and I’ll be learning Python . Very Excited to be a part of the community . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, I have taken the 30 days code challenge and I am currently learning Python. Now it’s 9th day of my 30 days challenge and it’s going on very well. Motivation always doesn’t help but Tony Robbins do.

2 Likes

I’m on day 4 of my 30-day challenge. I’ve committed to coding for at least 30 minutes five days a week, and I’m almost there for the week. I’m off work this week, though, so it’s been easy. The real test will come after I’m back at work next week!

I’m reviewing JavaScript right now, going back over material I learned a couple of years ago and doing the projects and such that have been added to the course in that time.

3 Likes

@technomom
I’ve just started coding, and have participated in the 30-day challenge. I am really enjoying it so far, but any pieces of advice would be very useful. Thank you! :partying_face: One thing I want to ask is how long does the 30 day challenge go on for?

1 Like

@jordanguada
Yes, I agree too. Inspiration is a lovely feeling to have. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@chip7664432159
I’m still a newbie myself! But I think that participating in the community definitely helps. We build a support network with each other that way.

I guess you could do the 30-day challenge for as long as you like, but I’ve committed to it for 30 days ::smiley: I’m also doing #100DaysofCode so I intend to stick with it longer.

3 Likes

I am so exited that I am taking on this challenge. I stay motivated by making a commitment to at least one tiny task a day, even if I’m working for only a few minutes. What I’m finding is that I typically want to do more and more, as I learn. :smile:

~ Tiff

2 Likes

I am on day 28 today and I’m finding motivation in places that I never thought that I would. On those days where i didn’t feel as motivated, or work was particularly busy, I used the app to review the concepts i needed to brush up on. I allowed myself to work slowly too, putting too much pressure on yourself can kill your motivation if you’re not careful. It’s all worked! 2 more days to 30!

4 Likes

When I start to go into a motivation lul I get on youtube and look for projects that people have done with python that are exciting to me. I watch videos about people using tensorflow to make video art, or videos about quantum computing. Obviously these things are way above my skill level right now, but they are the types of things that got me excited about coding in the first place. So it usually helps to reignite the fire and get me back to my modules. Also it helps me to listen to music when I’m studying. I have that lo-fi video with the girl and her cat in the window- you know the one. That really keeps me in the learning zone.

1 Like

Wow-good luck with your challenges!

2 Likes