How do you get <canvas> to apply code?

I have the code ready I just need how do i get it/to it

Hey @tagplayer56196,
To run your code, you should be able to hit “Run”. Perhaps a screenshot would help clarify it a bit more.

1. Which course are you doing? Just to clarify…

im making a simple 1 player ping pong where you breack blocks type game but i don’t know how to get “”

How to get?? I am not sure what you mean by this…

< canvas > jdfjfdjfjjdfj

ignore the jibberish

What language are you using? HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Python??

Html some jibberish lala

sorry about the randomness it has a minimun of 20 letters soo…

Its fine, i know what you mean…

can I see your code in the editor?

a simple MDN Breakout game written entirely in pure JavaScript and rendered on HTML5 .

Gameplay screen from the game MDN Breakout where you can use your paddle to bounce the ball and destroy the brick field, with keeping the score and lives.

Gamedev Canvas Workshop * { padding: 0; margin: 0; } canvas { background: #eee; display: block; margin: 0 auto; }

function draw() { // drawing code } setInterval(draw, 10); ctx.beginPath(); ctx.arc(50, 50, 10, 0, Math.PI*2); ctx.fillStyle = "#0095DD"; ctx.fill(); ctx.closePath(); var x = canvas.width/2; var y = canvas.height-30; function draw() { ctx.beginPath(); ctx.arc(x, y, 10, 0, Math.PI*2); ctx.fillStyle = "#0095DD"; ctx.fill(); ctx.closePath(); } var dx = 2; var dy = -2; function draw() { ctx.beginPath(); ctx.arc(x, y, 10, 0, Math.PI*2); ctx.fillStyle = "#0095DD"; ctx.fill(); ctx.closePath(); x += dx; y += dy; } function draw() { ctx.clearRect(0, 0, canvas.width, canvas.height); ctx.beginPath(); ctx.arc(x, y, 10, 0, Math.PI*2); ctx.fillStyle = "#0095DD"; ctx.fill(); ctx.closePath(); x += dx; y += dy; } function drawBall() { ctx.beginPath(); ctx.arc(x, y, 10, 0, Math.PI*2); ctx.fillStyle = "#0095DD"; ctx.fill(); ctx.closePath(); }

function draw() {
ctx.clearRect(0, 0, canvas.width, canvas.height);
drawBall();
x += dx;
y += dy;
}

Use this: validator.w3.org, paste your code and it will tell you that your doctype is HTML 4.01 Transitional. It will give you a few other messages as well.

It won’t let me reply so IMA just edit this

No problem, Glad to help! :smile: Let me know when I can play the game :wink:

ok I shure will :sunglasses: lol