How do I use raw_input( )?

I’m having to post this as a reply because if there’s a way to post it as a new thing I can’t find it.

Anyway, the Pig Latin exercise… the input isn’t working. I click in the output area, type my word, press enter, but every time I’m just getting this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “python”, line 4, in
ExecTimeoutException: Program took too long to terminate.

There’s no way past it, so I’m going to have to (for now at least), find somewhere else to learn Python.

Maybe try some of the suggestions in this topic? This has been a problem for a while, unfortunately, don’t know why it hasn’t been fixed.

I’ve tried all of those things already, had to figure it out for a previous exercise but it’s not working anymore.

The only thing I can do is keep pressing Return in the code editor while the program ‘runs’ (spinning circle on the Run button), and getting new lines until the Next button lights up and I can move on, but that’s no good because I don’t know if I’m doing things correctly or not, just kind of bypassing it.

Hm, didn’t know about this before. I’d recommend you either press “Get Unstuck”, then “Solution” to compare your code with the solution code, or post your code here on the forums and we’ll gladly review it!

25 May 2021 and I still meet the same response as yours

Similar thing for me on 19/10/2021. Not fixed yet.

hey guys, i’ve got a good news for you all
i just accidentally found a workaround for this

so instead of just pressing Enter one time,
we’ll gotta have to press the Enter key twice.

1 Like

27 Mar 2023 still having same response

9/14/2023 same still having the same problem

Actually the double enter works. type your word and press enter twice! It WORKS!