How do I share my newly animated name?

I do not know how to share my name that I animated on "Animate your Name" for hour of code. It said to click "Save and Submit Code" and that would take me to a new page that could share my name. I tried that, but it got me back to the home screen of CodeAcademy. Help, anyone? I think it was really cool.

The plan is, that once you complete all of the exercises then it will create a Codebit for you. I just tried it now and it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

You can do it manually though.

• Click on your Profile Picture
  • Click on View My Profile
  • Click on Browse all Projects

That should get you to the Codebit section. Create a new Codebit using the code from the final exercise. You will be able to copy paste everything. The only difference is that the .js file has a different name in the Codebit than it did in your project so you'll have to edit that link in the index.html file -- it should be around line 10.

If you have any questions about this, just ask.

So I'm trying to save in Codebit my animated name....but it's not happening..can you tell me what's missing?
Here's what I got:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/codecademy-content/courses/hour-of-code/js/alphabet.js"></script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <canvas id="myCanvas"></canvas>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/codecademy-content/courses/hour-of-code/js/bubbles.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="script.js"></script>
  </body>
</html>

AND:

var red = [0, 100, 63];
var orange = [40, 100, 60];
var green = [75, 100, 40];
var blue = [196, 77, 55];
var purple = [280, 50, 60];

var myName = "Rachel";
letterColors = [red, orange, green, blue, purple]
if(10 < 3) {
    bubbleShape = "square"
}
else {
    bubbleShape = "circle"
}

You are missing these function calls:

drawName(myName, letterColors);
bounceBubbles();

I still don't quite get what youi're saying, even after a few read-throughs.

Are you trying to get to the place where you can create a Codebit?

To share my newly animated name you say "copy paste everything".
Where exactly would I put the cursor to start the paste?
For example do I highlight the string that has .js in it
IE: string.js which is on line 5
and over-write it with all of my code?

On line 10 I see '< / html > '
is that the "index.html file -- it should be around line 10" you are referring to?
What edit do I need to make to it in order to share my newly animated name?

Thanks for any specific help.

I began with a fresh, brand new, empty Codebit.

If you are down to the copy/paste part, you must have already gotten through the steps of starting a new Codebit - yes?

Here are the steps that I took to add the code to the empty Codebit.

I took all of the code from @fivehounds index.html file and pasted in into the Codebit's index.html file.

Then I copied all of the code from her main.js file and pasted it into the Codebit's script.js file.

Next I had to compensate for the different name of the javascript file that the Codebits use. In the Codebit's index.html file, I found this line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="main.js"></script>

and edited it so that it looked like this:

Here is an example of a Codebit that I made using @fivehounds code:

https://www.codecademy.com/AlbionsRefuge/codebits/FzTc2G/edit

Thank you for your speedy answer!
By opening @fivehounds example I could see where my cut and paste code inexplicably differed. Fixing that made it work.

That. That was what I was missing. one single word that messed up my entire code. thank you so much!

I've copied and pasted all of the "animate your name" code into the codebit, but it hasn't been working and i think that it may be because I don't have any code in the "style.css"

This project isn't expecting to find any CSS code so that isn't the problem.

The difference between the exercise and a Codebit is the name of the JavaScript file that each of those use.

You have this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="main.js"></script>

but you need this instead:

That fixed it, thank you!

4 posts were split to a new topic: I wanted to put my ''code'' in my blog, how should I do it?