How do i save the value to: my_team

Hi all, i am all new to programming with 0% background in Computer Programming and looking to learn Python before i invest in some time and finances in formal education.

Right now i’m going through the Learning Python course and i’m stuck on Modulo section.

The question is that I’m trying to divide a group into four teams. All of us count off, and I get number 27. I’ve worked out my team by computing 27 modulo 4 (27 % 4 which equates to 3) but what i cant work out is how Save the value to my_team. I dont understand what this actually means and what do i need ‘to save’ and where/how?

I dont want to cheat and see the solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the link below :slight_smile:

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/computer-science/tracks/cspath-intro/modules/cspath-python-syntax/lessons/learn-python-syntax/exercises/modulo

What is the value of 27 % 4?

27 = 24 + 3

27 = 6 * 4 + 3

my_team = ?

When they say “save the value”, they don’t mean a literal save function or anything like that. They simply mean for you to find a way to store that value in memory, so that you can re-use it later.

So, what they’re asking you to do is create a variable - my_team - and assign it the value representing your team, which you’re calculating by doing 27 % 4.

Does that make sense? :slight_smile: