How do I read documentation effectively?
- Use multiple sources! Main sources for JS concepts/reference/help include MDN, stackoverflow, and numerous tutorial sites.
- Read the overview of the concept in question.
- Make sure the source is up-to-date and/or check elsewhere to verify information.
- Skim the documentation for specific concepts/keywords that are of interest to you - check out the examples and syntax associated with those keywords.
- Make note to come back to the documentation for a concept’s associated keywords you may not be familiar with (and may not have time for at the moment).
- If you have time/want to understand the concept more in-depth, read the entire document for the concept and check out any tutorials linked for the concept.