How do I change the font size within table cells?

I totally got stuck here as well. I had to use the “Give me the solution” option then compare it to my code to see the difference. It did make me think through it though.

Essentially everything that @adriangrimroach80592 said still an issue,
And as a noob who had to come check for an explanation as to why things seemed to have shifted from HTML rather suddenly, it would definitely help if we knew where we were supposed to add code. I was trying to edit font sizes of other elements in the CSS folder that were already in place.

1 Like

I think this was an exercise in critical thinking and exploring ways to apply previously learned concepts in novel ways: something that coders have to do all the time. I am a beginner and have never attempted to learn any CSS before, that said, after trying to play around with the CSS code for a little bit (just testing what I could and could not understand and trying to see what I could change), I was able to able to figure it out without referencing guides pretty quickly.

I have been having the same issue. I looked at the solution and thought I was going crazy lol.

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I did the same thing and tested it

Y’all, did anyone else’s lesson glitch? I had to click the solution because it kept saying I was inputting the wrong information. Granted the first time around I had made a mistake but before I ran the code the second time around, I triple checked that I had:

a.) read the instructions correctly
b.) typed everything correctly and typed it in the right place

However, the dreaded red “X” kept popping up, so I ended up clicking the solution to see what I had done wrong. The solution showed a different number for the font-size value than what the instructions wanted ( I was happy to see that I had placed everything correctly at least ) but I was confused why the instructions asked to input the value “18” but the solution showed the correct value was actually “16”. Anyway, I clicked “Keep the Solution” because other than the value, everything else was correct, but when I went back to my code to review it, the value shown was “18”!? Has anyone had a similar issue? I’ve been having some minor glitches like this in previous lessons but am not sure who to let know or how.

Can anyone explain me that what is the different between thead th font-size vs th, td font-size. th selector is in both ruleset. Why I should set font-size two times? I know th, td ruleset font-size property will apply.

thead th {

background: #88CCF1;

color: #FFF;

font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif;

**font-size: 16px;**

font-weight: 100;

letter-spacing: 2px;

text-transform: uppercase;

}
th, td {

font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif;

**font-size: 18px;**

font-weight: 400;

padding: 20px;

text-align: left;

width: 33.3333%;

}

Hello Sir @mtf if you have time will you please help me to figure out what’s going on here?

Because they are not in the same area of the viewport. We want the font to be larger in the header than in the table proper. We’re not setting it twice, but in two different instances.

Actually I had the same confusion too but managed to figure it out after taking a look at other code in that css file. In fact I even thought the guy who wrote this lesson wanted to put the learners to a small test by making the instruction a little off topic :joy: but turns out it’s just an error. Or is it?? Lol

Yeah, same. I was confused about that as well.

1 Like

I came here too complain about 16px too.
I am new to programming and when I meet this kinda bug (yes i faced several of them) it freaked me out and almost took all my self-esteem away.

Pls, fixed 'em