How can I use jQuery in Adobe Brackets? Plz help

Open your project in a browser, click ctrl+shift+i to open dev tools and open console. Tell us if it shows any errors :slight_smile:

1 Like

โ€œFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)โ€

I think I have found something. The updated code runs when I save the code while exiting Brackets and open it again.

If I update the jQuery code it will not run in Chrome but if I BUT if I exit the editor and save the code and then open the editor again, it will run the updated code.

I think iโ€™m close to a solution but again it will be a pain to keep exiting the editor again and again so that the updated code is saved and runs the next time I open the editor. Real time changes are not made in brackets if ur writing jQuery โ€ฆ

1 Like

GOT IT!!! :smile:

You have to save the main.js file every time u update the jQuery or the JS code. Itโ€™s working now when I save (Mac shortcut - Command + S) the updated code every time before Live Preview.

1 Like

that was so basic, we assumed you knew this

1 Like

The HTML and CSS work without saving in Brackets. The changes that I make are simultaneously updated in the browser without saving them first. So I thought this must work with javascript files too.

1 Like