How can I show text before next prompt/confirm

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-x9DnD/0/6?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

I was wondering if there is a way to show the console.log text before the next prompt, otherwise you're rating the game before you've even really played it or gotten any output.

confirm("I am ready to play!");
var age = prompt("What's your age");
if (age < 13) {
    console.log("You're allowed to play but I take no responibility");
} else {
    console.log("Play On!");
};

console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");

console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

if (userAnswer === "yes") {
    console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else {
    console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
};

var feedback = prompt("Please rate my game out of 10")
if (feedback > 8) {
    console.log("Thank you! We should race at the next concert!");
} else {
    console.log("I'll keep practicing coding and racing");
};

console.log shows before the prompt? Just in the background

If you don't like this, try alert() instead (not sure if the exercise will like that)

Similar to that is to clear the console after each bit of text, and delay the next prompt for a few seconds after the new text is displayed.

And the console is not updating in the background. It is still blank when I see the prompt asking if I want to Race....The text with the lyrics and his question have not yet been displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.