Highly Composite Number Finder (JavaScript)

Hi there,
I was inspired a while back by the prime number checker to make a highly composite number finder (i.e., code that finds the lowest number with the most divisors below a certain threshold, also known as anti-primes if you <3 Brady). I actually did a very rough version very, very early in my learning process, when the question “can you have a for loop inside a for loop?” hadn’t already been answered in the course, but this is a second version after progressing a bit further with the whole thing.

I’d love to get some feedback on it - it now works, which is in some ways the main thing, but the processing is still pretty slow as it’s basically a brute force method with a couple of tiny adjustments to eliminate the most obvious time-wasting paths.

//highly composite number finder

const findHighlyCompNum = upperBound => {
     //stores the best-performing number for the iteration so far
     let currentWinner = 0;
     //number of divisors of the best-performing number. This starts from 1 rather than 0 so that it counts the number itself.
     let winnerDivisors = 1;
     //array used to store the actual divisors of the best-performing number
     let winnerList = [];

//this section serves two purposes: 1) it gets round the fact that '1' kind of ruins everything; 2) it allows me to make a snarky comment.
     if (upperBound <= 2){
         return 'The first highly composite numbers are 1 and 2. Hooray.'
     }

//where the actual fun starts.
     //the iterator starts at half of the upper bound to save processing time,
     //and the most highly composite number below a certain bound will always be above half of that bound.

for (let i = Math.floor(upperBound/2); i <= upperBound; i++){

//obviously you don't need to check odd numbers when you're looking for numbers that have the most divisors.

if (i % 2 === 0){
             let numDivisors = 1;
             let divisorList = [];

//the iterator -stops- at half of i, as there will never be a number above i/2 that divides i (fairly obviously).

for (let j = 1; j <= i/2; j++){
                 if (i % j === 0){
                     numDivisors += 1;
                     divisorList.push(j);
                 }

//This sets the currentWinner etc. to the best-performing number so far.
                 //e.g., if the upper bound were 10, this would set 1, 2, 4 and then finally 6 as currentWinner.
                 //This only happens if the number 'beats' the previous currentWinner,
                 //as the most highly composite number is the smallest number with the most divisors.
                 //e.g., 8 also has 4 divisors (1, 2, 4, 8) but it's bigger than 6, so 6 wins if 10 is the upper bound.

if (numDivisors > winnerDivisors){
                     currentWinner = i;
                     winnerDivisors = numDivisors;
                     winnerList = divisorList;
                 }
             }
         }
     }
     return `${currentWinner} is the most highly composite number up to ${upperBound}, with ${winnerDivisors} divisors: ${winnerList.join(", ")} and ${currentWinner}.`
 };

console.log(findHighlyCompNum(10));