Here's my portfolio! Never thought I would be so happy making a slide show using JavaScript!

Hey everyone!

I’m glad to share my portfolio website with you! After couple hours of procrastination and something about 16h to complete the site :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: , I can share it with you!

Page: Aline Costa
Code: GitHub - aliiinecosta/Aline_Portfolio_Website

Most grateful moment: complete a slide show (located in projects page: “for fun”) using an array in JavaScript!!

I’d like feedbacks from you guys!
Thanks!!!

7 Likes

Wow! Aline I love your page!

The design is perfect. Very clean, intuitive, and beautiful. I can see your creativity even in the smallest of details. If you don’t mind, I might borrow some of your ideas when I rework my own site. The only bit of constructive criticism I could give is to make the “code” and “page” links in your project tab more prominent. It took me a second to figure out where to actually click to see the project. But other than that I think you have an amazing page. Keep up the great work!

Also, your digital collages are really cool. Such a unique idea done very well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great! The only issue I’m having is a bit of delay when clicking through the slides. I believe it would run faster if you had the slideshow images in the HTML and changed their display property through the JS file instead of with an array of file paths. Try using the document.element.children function to get an array of the images in the HTML file, all underneath a gallery section.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Aline! Your site looks great. You clearly spent some time thinking through the different sections and you have your own unique style.

One thing-- I think you should change your links that point to an external website so that they open up a new tab instead of taking users away from your website. That way users won’t accidentally leave your site and forget where they started.

Your style is full of contrast. There is something about your art that lends itself to your bold use of color. While you’ve chosen to stick with this grid format, I think you could also lean into the anti-design style. I think that would reflect your creativity and stand out as a unique expression of both your art and web-design expertise.

1 Like

Hi Aline!
Really liked your portfolio, your collor palette is warm and every color matches nicely with the rest. Beautiful and interesting digital collages too!

If I could kingly suggest some small tweak: I didn’t know I was in the about page when I entered the site. Then I clicked the about link and thought it was broken. Maybe you might want to make it like the rest of the pages. Also, the resume button, I wasnt sure it was clickable, you might try changing the cursor with this css:

button {cursor:pointer}

Thanks for checking out my portfolio!

1 Like

Hi Aline!
I like your website, especially how thoughtful the about part is. And I think displaying your art is a good thing too, because it shows that you think about design which is an aspect of front-end. The fact that you are already an engineer will add to your credibility because it shows you already think analytically.

1 Like

Nice work @aliiinecosta! I really like the Skills section, thinking I might add something similar to mine.

I just finished my personal portfolio site and would appreciate any feedback as well :smile:

1 Like

Hey, Thank you so much!!

I totally agreed with your critics about the “code” and “page”, I will change it soon!!

Thank you for your kind and gentle feedback! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I thought about that when I was developing it, but I didn’t know that the way I did using the images direct with JS will cost the site time to process. Thank you for your explanation, I really appreciate that! :slight_smile:

Hey!

Thank you so much for you strong feedback. I totally agreed about changing my links to an external website!!! When I read your message I was like (omg!! how can I forgot this?!?!? LOL)

Also, I really appreciated the desing tip, I will read more about it!
Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hello!!

Thank you so much for your gentle feedbank. I definitely will take your suggestions as to-dos for my improvement changes in my website. Thank you for your time!

Heey :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your time and kind feedback!!

Hi!!

Thank you for your kind feedback. Sure I’ll take a look at yours! :slight_smile:

1 Like