Helpful Python Tool

Hi everyone! :slight_smile: I’ve been on codecademy for the past 3 or so years and have learned a lot about python and other programming languages!

I just wanted to share with everyone a lightweight online tool I created called PythonBuddy (https://github.com/ethanchewy/PythonBuddy) which actively lints Python online.

I made this so that MOOCs like edX or codecademy could easily embed and use this on their courses. Also, PythonBuddy could help alleviate the frustrations with setting up a programming environment.

Just thought it might be helpful for those who want to program in Python online with a helpful live syntax checker.
Please leave a :star2: if you found this project to be helpful!

I’m currently trying to convert this project to an XBlock so that online courses (like 6.00.1x) can embed a live python syntax checker for quizzes and assignments online.

6 Likes

This is really cool, Ethan! It’s great to see you back here and still coding after your Summer of Code. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: Hopefully this tool can help others who also use Codecademy!