Help

Hi. I am trying to use the codecademy codebits but it wont load when i hit edit.
Please help asap.

Thanks

SSimon909

the codebits are no longer supported, you can try sites like jsbin, jsfiddle, repl.it and codepen

1 Like

oh. dang it.
D=

well thanks for the heads up

but is there a way to view my code so i can copy it and transfer it somewhere else???

what code? Its very likely this is possible, but i canā€™t know for certain given i have no idea what code you are referring to.

1 Like

my code from my codebit
i just need one code bit because i can recreate the rest but the one i need is for a project that has a time limit

Which codebit? Could you give us some more information, so we can figure out which one youā€™re referring to and then give you the code from that?

1 Like

ok ill send you the link

https://www.codecademy.com/SSimon909/codebits/oJSyER

please send all html and javascript

Hereā€™s the HTML and hereā€™s the Javascript.

1 Like

oh my gosh thank you so so so so so so so much

1 Like

wait are codebits now supported again???
because now i can access all my codebits

no, they still arenā€™t. I would still advise against using them.

1 Like

oh well dang it

will it ever come back

Nope, it will never come back. It wasnā€™t used enough for that, and there are plenty of good/better alternatives

1 Like

dang it because i really like the style of it.

Codepen.io is very similar

1 Like

If you wish to recover all your codebits, which one should probably do posthaste, then open the codebit, and View Page Source. Scroll down to the <pre></pre> that surrounds the HTML, copy and paste it into your editor. Follow the same procedure for the CSS and JS segments. Paste everything into the one file for now.

Save the file as ā€˜codebit-name.htmlā€™, then open it in a browser. Now copy the code that displays and save it in the appropriate files to restore all the literal characters.

Use the Back button to go back to the list of projects and repeat until all projects are recovered.

Example

<pre>Encoded HTML</pre>
<pre>Encoded CSS</pre>
<pre>Encoded JS</pre>

The browser is the decoder. All we do is copy and paste what it displays.

2 Likes

i mentioned codepen along with a couple of others he could use.

@mtf, the codebits ā€œworkā€ again, well, at least they load, they didnā€™t yesterday

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like the editor works again. Iā€™m kind of wondering how long CC will keep Codebits up. Iā€™ve liked using it when there are pictures to load since they can be uploaded to CCā€™s CDN for consumption on their domain.

1 Like