Help with UFO project

Hey everyone,
I’m struggling to complete the UFO project. Been through all of the steps, and it seems like it should work, but it doesn’t. I’ve compared my code to the solution, line by line, and they seem to be basically identical. The only difference is that when i paste the solution into ufo.cpp, everything works as it should. When i run my own code, any letter will come out as correct, and the loop just ends.

Example:
First guess,
Please enter your guess: L (which is wrong)

Correct!
Hooray! You saved the person and earned a medal
of honor!

Assuming that since pasting the solution into ufo.cpp works, the problem is not in my functions or my header files.

Any advice? Is there something dumb I missed?
Thanks!

my code:

solution: https://github.com/Codecademy/learn-cpp/blob/master/6-functions/ufo.cpp

If you have a loop that should do more iterations then you’d continue making observations on the things that control that loop, presumably there’s some condition that is tested before each iteration so you could look at the values involved in that condition and compare to what they should be and whatever is different, you’d continue observing that thing, and so on, until you’re at the source of the problem

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
It was a typo I missed like 100 times…
= instead of == :man_facepalming:

Appreciate the help :slight_smile: