Help with School/Career path

Hello, my name is Samantha.
I have been using Codeacademy for about 6 months and have been loving it. im getting ready to start school very soon but I have no idea what I want to do. I’ve enjoyed learning a bit about HTML/CSS and JavaScript so much that I would like to look into a career involving computer programming.
Some other facts about myself that may or may not help:
-I love video games. I got really into games on the 360 with halo 3 and COD: World At War. For years i stuck to just playing cod and halo but have recently branched out to other games like EOS, The Division, Destiny, Overwatch, gta5. Gears of War, etc.
-I’m pretty shy. I can’t talk in front of large groups of people, but one on one im alright.
-I’m not very educated with computers. I would like to learn more, but not sure where or how.
-I am looking into online schools. I think it would be best for me.
-I don’t know anything about college. An idea of some careers or what i should look into for schooling would help.
Thank you to anyone that has taken the time to read through this, and responds. I hope you have a great day!

I suggest that you find a language that is used for what you enjoy. Make sure that the language is safe, fun and enjoyable for you, powerful, and useful for the purpose that you want to use it for.

You need to find a good code editor that supports the language that you want to use.

For example: I enjoy using Swift, but to write with it then I need a code editor called Xcode.

Remember: safe, useful, enjoyable, and powerful. Find a good code editor that supports that language and then the rest is up to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

În cazul în care sunteți timid, luați în considerare îmbunătățirea ca și în lumea de codificare, ar putea fi un parteneriat cu o echipa.

Colegiul este o necesitate atunci când vine vorba de educație. Pe măsură ce nu se poate obține încă, face acest lucru. Cele mai multe locuri de muncă în aceste zile necesită un grad nivel de intrare la Ensign.

școli on-line sunt mari, dar dacă nu sunt dispuși să auto-te motiva, atunci este posibil să nu lucreze pentru tine.

Pentru un loc de muncă programator, trebuie să aibă cunoștințe despre calculatoare. noroc pe drum! :slight_smile:

1 Like