Help with MSYS2 install

Hi all,

I’m relatively new to coding and trying to teach myself C++, was thrilled to find the Codecademy resources so I can teach myself for free.

I’m on an early lesson in the free C++ course where I need to install MSYS2 - however every time I try to install my antivirus software (Avast) flags it as a threat, specifically the gpg-agent.exe is the file that keeps being flagged as IDP.generic.

Any tips or thoughts on fixing the issue?

Thanks!

I am not too sure on how to install “MYSYS2” because I just finished the C++ course and I have not started any projects with it yet. However, it’s worth a shot to try to allow it in your anti-virus, considering you know what you are downloading. This is what I was able to find online about your problem.

This is what I found off of google:

1. Download the installer: msys2.exe.
  2. Run the installer.
  3. Enter your desired Installation Folder (short ASCII-only path on a NTFS volume, no accents, no spaces, no symlinks, no subst or network drives, no FAT).
  4. When done, click Finish.

Here are some video’s I found on YouTube on the topic of your question as well!

Link’s:

1. How to Install MSYS2 with MinGW-w64 - YouTube

2. Install MSYS2 and MinGW-w64 (2021) and build C/C++ files on Windows - YouTube

3. How to Install MSYS2/Mingw-w64 and Run C/C++ files Using Visual Studio Code 2021 - YouTube