Help with HTML lesson 11, Whitespacing

Hi, I am taking the HTML lessons on the site and now I am stuck on lesson 11, the lesson on white-spacing. I press enter in between the code to create paragraphs but it still won’t run correctly. The lesson doesn’t exactly tell you what you need to do and doesn’t have a help tab. Could someone please take a look at the lesson and tell me exactly what I have to do? thanks. Here’s the link.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html-elements/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/white-space-html?action=lesson_resume&course_redirect=learn-html

Each html element like h1 or p should begin on a new line

thank you tommygebru

I am concerned I’m not posting this in the correct space, so if I this is the wrong place, my apologies. I am on lesson 11. I read a couple of posts regarding the same lesson. None of those posts answers my question.
I am dealing with “Did you add whitespace to your index.html file?” at the end of my lesson.
Naturally, I cannot continue. Whatever it is, I’m not getting it. I was able to figure out how to create a space between the sentences by adding a new line and element. (I was pleased with myself for figuring that out.) It seems to imply that it wants an indentation. I get it is an element of some sort; that ‘tabs’ via the keyboard won’t work in HTML.
I’ll bet the answer is right in front of me. I promise I’m looking!
FUN STUFF by the way!
TIA for any help!
WW

Hey so I reset my exercise for Introduction to HTML Whitespace
And from what I can tell it does not require indentation, but it is important that each element begins and ends on its own line

Taken from the example on their page:
<body><p>Paragraph 1</p><p>Paragraph 2</p></body>
//A hard to read code snippet

<body>
<p>Paragraph 1</p>
<p>Paragraph 2</p>
</body>
//Easier to read code snippet, with elements on separate lines
<body>
   <p>Paragraph 1</p>
   <p>Paragraph 2</p>
</body>
//Even easier to read code snippet, with indentation 
to show parent elements and children elements

HTML whitespace

Hi @winterwench, to create an indentation hit the spacebar twice (apologies if that’s not what you mean!).

scshvcshcvshcvshcvshvxeyfvegxbsavhfvbewhxbshfevgxhswbfd

Did you add whitespace to your index.html file?

That is at the bottom of the area that lets you ‘run’ your code. I am obviously missing something. But what? Is there something I’m missing?
Thank you for your patience and anyone who has an answer for me!
C

I’m not sure if you’ve solved this yet, but if not, I would suggest copying your code, restarting that exercise (NOT THE ENTIRE COURSE) and pasting your code and trying it again. If that doesn’t work, restart the exercise and retype the code without any automation (ie copying and pasting).

rhyscrypto, I did what you suggested before posting my question; so, obviously GOOD advice! LOL!
I am so new, it’s laughable. I don’t understand what this means:

“Did you add whitespace to your index.html file?”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.