Help Using Anaconda to Learn Python

Hey all,

I’m going to preface with the fact, even though I completed all the free tutorials codeacademy, I’ve come to the conclusion that I still know hardly anything about coding in general.

Anyways, after I finished the learning python lessons in codeacademy, I decided to strike it out on my own by using some application to run python from my computer instead of from codeacademy (is what I said even correct?). Ready to pull every strand out of head by this point, after hours of so called ‘beginner tutorials’ and videos and forum responses, that lead me farther into confusion. I just want to be able to write some simple code without having to use hte command script on codecademy, but I don’t even know where to begin with Anaconda. For example, I’ve read that I’ve got to open the ipython shell from within some directory in Anaconda. Huh? From experience writing Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for long complicated machining and fabrication processes in a factory, I learned that any process can and should be documented by breaking down each step into comprehensible steps, with minimal assumptions on part of the operator. I’m just not sure where to find a resource like that for coding python outside of baby level environments.

TLDR: Does anybody know of a resource (preferably free) for learning python with Anaconda (from scratch) that is intuitive?

Many thanks,
Ian

It sounds like you are looking for a text editor or IDE.
Look for a popular one for your platform. Everyone has their own preference.

After that you are going to need to learn how to run/execute your code. Some IDE’s take care of this, others don’t.

A little google work can get you executing a hello world script on your own in no time

Ah ok, I am on my way! Thank you!