HELP ! Student becomes the teacher : How is everybody doing?

Student Becomes the teacher : How is Everybody Doing

I am getting this error message even after trying multiple solutions after mine was unsuccesful.

Replace this line with your code.

this is my code

def get_class_average(students):
results = []
for student in students:
result = get_average(student)
results.append(result)
return average(results)

students = [lloyd, alice, tyler]
print get_class_average(students)
print get_letter_grade(get_class_average(students))

• Instead of x, you want to write student. This is how I did it and it worked. Replace x with student in the for loop and the append. I think the reason why you need to use student is because it was the argument used for get_average.

• Instead of writing 'results.append(get_average(x))', I just wrote students but yours works fine as well. Just replace x with student and it will work.

• For the last part of the code, I made a list called students but your code works.

Overall, you just need to replace x with student and your code will work.

Hope this helps you!

i tried whhat you sent and its still giving me the same error . saying something is broken .

can you send a screenshot or copy and paste your improved code

I have realised that you have made two other errors that I didn't notice before.

You have an indentation error after the for loop.

Before 'results.append(get_average(student))' or line 56, you need to add 'result = get_average(student)'. This was an instruction from the previous exersize.

All you have to do is fix the indentation and you have to add 'result = get_average(student)' between line 55 and 56.

Have a go and see if it works

Just create your list "students" outside of any functions (you don't need any indentation)
You don't need indentations for last two "prints" as well.
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.