if (10 < 3)
{
console.log("that is true");
}
else
{
console.log("that is false");
}

I have changed the "condition" to be true and false to see if that was the problem but I keep getting the same message: "Oops, try again. It looks like your if/else statement didn't log "The condition is false" to the console". - please can someone help before I throw my laptop in the bin! :confused:

The problem is that in the directions, it says that you have to put "The condition is false" and "The condition is true" on the console. The reason it is not working is because you are not following the directions, and putting different words on the console. I have copied your code and changed the string, and found out that it works.

Hope it helps! :grinning:

Thank you for your reply but I'm still unsure of what you mean, as I have changed the condition to true and false and still getting the same answer. Can you show me what part of my string is wrong? Sorry to be a bother, I think I have been staring at it too long to see what the problem is.

on the console I have got got it print out true and false but it is still not happy. :cry:

if (10 < 3)
{
console.log("that is true");
}
else
{
console.log("that is false");
}

You did this:
Now this is what you need to do:

if (10 < 3)
{
console.log("The condition is true");
}
else
{
console.log("The condition is false");
}

Thank you sooo much! it worked. I think my attention to detail needs refining! or I should learn to read the questions properly. Thanks again for your help. :smiley: