Help! My CSS has never been able to work!

Good evening.

So I have been messing with the Dasmoto’s Arts and Crafts exercise for about a week now. The single problem I am having is linking CSS to any html documents.

Here is the current code I am using for html:

<#!DOCTYPE html>
<#html>
<#head>
<#title>Dasmoto’s Arts & Crafts
<#link href="./resources/css/style.css" rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” />
<#/head>
<#body>
<#h1>Dasmoto’s Arts and Crafts
<#h2 class=Brushes>Brushes
<#h3>Hacksaw Brushes
<#p>Made of the highest quality oak, Hacksaw brushes are known for their weight and ability to hold paint in large amounts. Available in different sizes Starting at $3.00 / brush.</p
<#H2 class=Frames>Frames
<#h3>Art Frames (assorted)
<#p>Assorted frames made of different material, including MDF, birchwood, and PDE. Select frames can be sanded and painted according to your needs. Starting at $2.00 / frame.</p
<#h2 class=Paint>Paint
<#h3>Clean Finnish Paint
<#p>Imported paint from Finland. Over 256 colors available in-store, varying in quantity (1 oz. to 8 oz.). Clean Finnish paint microbinds to canvas, increasing the finish and longevity of any artwork. Starting at $5.00 / tube.</p
<#/body>
<#/html>

As for the CSS code, it looks like this:

.h1 {
font-family: Helvetica;
font-size: 100px;
font-weight: bold;
color: khaki;
text-align: center;
background-image: url(resources\images\pattern.jpg);
}
.h2 {
font-family: Helvetica;
font-size: 32px;
font-weight: bold;
color: white;
}
#Brushes {
background-color: mediumspringgreen;
}
#Frames {
background-color: lightcoral;
}
#Paint {
background-color: skyblue;
}

Finally, the file tree looks like this:

Dasmoto’s Arts and Crafts
/(file)dasmoto’s.html
/(folder)resources
//(folder)css
///(file)style.css
//(folder)images
///(image)
///(image)
///(image)
///(image)

Both of those are the entire files. I am using visual studio code. I must say, during the coursework for CSS, I could not get any of the css changes to display EXCEPT for the very first introduction example to CSS. I am starting to think something is wrong with my computer. Am I missing something involving CSS? I’ve retaken the entire course twice to find it.