p{
    font-weight:bold;
    color:#7AC5CD;
}
ul li{
    color:#000000;
    text-decoration:underline;
}

Since the selectors are the same, the rules can be merged into one rule set for p.

could you show me your code?

You're looking at it.

p{
    font-family:Garamond;
    font-weight:bold;
    color:#7AC5CD;
}
ul li{
    color:#000000;
    text-decoration:underline;
}

when i go and try that its says this Did you remember to set the paragraphs inside

• tags to the text-decoration: underline;?

Not sure what this means. Can you post a link to this exercise and show us your HTML?

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/1/4?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

And you HTML markup?

? im confused at this point

Instructions
    Make all <p> tags have a font-family of Garamond. (Do NOT use the universal selector for this! There's a better way; see the Hint for help.)
    Make the introduction paragraph and the summary paragraph have a font-weight of bold (this is a new property for you, but it works just like the others you've learned).
    Make the synopsis paragraph have the color #7AC5CD.
    Make the paragraphs in the unordered list have the color #000000 and text-decoration underline.

This implies four distinct selector rules.

Copy your index.html tab and paste it in a post. Don't worry about formatting. I'll do that for you.

<html>
    	<head>
    		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
    		<title>Ultimate Text Challenge</title>
    	</head>
    	<body>
    		<p>Introduction: Cascading with CSS</p>
    		<div>
    			<p>Synopsis: When you set a property of a selector like 'p' to a certain value, that value applies to <em>all</em> p tags.
    			If, however, you change that same property to a different value for a more specific instance of p,
    			that change will <em>override</em> the 'general rule'.
    			</p>
    			<ul>
    				<li><p>If you say p { font-family: Garamond}, all 'p's will have the font Garamond.</p></li>
    				<li><p>BUT if you say li p {font-family: Verdana}, 'p's outside of 'li's will be
    					   in Garamond, and 'p's INSIDE 'li's will be in Verdana.
    				</p></li>
    				<li><p>The more specific your selectors are, the higher importance CSS gives to the styling you apply!</p></li>
    			</ul>
    		</div>
    		<p>Summary: Greater specificity makes CSS prioritize that particular styling.</p>
    	</body>
    </html>

Okay, so you have the first instruction taken care of. Now look at the second instruction.

What do we see in common with these two paragraphs? Answer: They are both direct children of the <body></body> element. What is the selector rule that zeroes in on just these elements?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.