Help getting started with Electric Mouse project

I am trying to get started with the Electric Mouse project. Here is the link: https://www.codecademy.com/paths/create-video-games-with-phaser/tracks/game-dev-learn-javascript-objects/modules/game-dev-project-objects/projects/electric-mouse
I cannot even get the first two characters to appear. There seems to be a problem with the provided code because I downloaded the solution and the gameState object declaration is missing on my version.

This is the second time I have tried the project and the first time, before I reset the exercise, the declaration was there. This isn’t the only thing that is missing now because I tried copying and pasting the declaration from the solution and that doesn’t fix it.

I thought about refreshing my Codecademy app, but I’m not sure how. Clearing my cache or history does not fix the problem.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong? Please help. I haven’t written any code here so there’s nothing to share other than the link to the exercise.