Help! Don't know what language would be appropriate!

Hey there! I’m a graphic designer and I know some CSS and HTML but I had an idea to complement a project and don’t know how to make it happen! I don’t mind learning a new language or learning how to make it but don’t know what direction to go and don’t even know if it’s possible to do what I want. So here it goes - is it possible to have an app where you can write something (small text) and then upload a sound or a song that interferes with the font?

Basically write something like “PEACE” and the font is normal but when you upload or choose the song it alters the aspect of the font like a glitch while it plays, different results for different pitches ( ex . https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/4x4eeb/glitched-helvetica-the-kraftwerk-inspired-kwerk-and-other-unusual-typefaces)

(ex. https://www.behance.net/gallery/8773991/Glitch-Type)

is this possible?

any help would be more than welcome.

The font pattern would have to be written to a <canvas> element. Cache the original pattern so the canvas can be restored. Given that, we can go to town on the bitmap elements. The language associated with the canvas element is JavaScript (JS) or more to current day, ECMAScript 6++, or ES6, ES7, …

Process.js goes a long way to give graphics programming a human language. It is, like jQuery, a library that extends and abstracts the standard ES library. It takes some learning; and, awareness of what it is abstracting makes the lessons mean more. Work with the canvas in native code until it gets real comfortable before making the leap to the library. After that, power on and happy coding.

Given that we now have a graphical interface that we have complete control over, yes. It comes down to us writing the event listeners and their handlers, amongst which will be a real time audio graph that we can use as a data source for the visual effects parameters.

Of course, to graph the audio we need real time signal analysis. The standard visual graph contains enough information for our purposes. Check SoundCloud for an example graph. It is the amplitudes of those bars that we will be analyzing.

Frequency analysis is much more hardware dependent and is another branch. Just as we would partition amplitude ranges, we might partition frequency ranges. Mind, high frequencies have very little audio energy as compared to low frequencies. Audio energy is greatest at frequencies below 400 * second ** -1 (400 Hz).

The next share goes to the mid-range, and the minutest share goes to the upper range. 85-10-5 is a reasonable representation of the percentage distribution. This is over my head, so I cannot describe the software, but I can envision it.

When it comes to sound energy, we must turn to thermodynamics and mechanical wave energy as it relates to shock waves. 50Hz pounding at one’s abdomen at 95 decibels will evoke a bathroom break in due course of time.

In Einstein physics, the energy is at the top…

E = hf

But in mechanical waves the opposite is true. The low frequencies have the greatest energy. Why I would never live under or near a high tension (220000 Volts) power line since it emenates 60Hz here, and 50Hz in other locales. That’s got to have some effect, even at low radiant amplitudes. You can feel the radiant energy of a high tension line.