Hello Coding Community! Changing Direction!

Hello coding community!

I am a thirty 34 year old women looking to change direction. I previously worked in the helping field. Although I loved my work I am a creative person, always looking to grow in a new direction. Coding stood out to me! I love solving problems, I think having a creative mind helps!

Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?

I am still learning about this new gold mine industry. I live in the Bay area so its a perfect catalyst for discovering future possibilities. Right now, my goal is to get comfortable with this new exciting language on my own, join a bootcamp, and then see what happens.

Why do you use Codeacademy and what is your favorite thing about it?

Code academy was suggested by a coworker. I like the community aspect to codeacademy, where I can search for solutions with the help of others who are having similar problems.

What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?

I have only collected three badges so far. My learning goals are always based on self discovery. Coding provides that basis for me.

Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?

I have just started, so I am nervous about attending events where everyone is far more versed in coding than I am. I am very interested in attending events when I become more comfortable with coding lingo and such.

Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?

Thus far, I have finished CSS, HTML, and Learn JS, still working on JS.

Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?

Codeacademy, for self starters is one of the easiest to understand formats I have seen. I think they make the language simple for those who are just starting out. I know there are some complaints of bugs and other small stuff, but overall, I love it!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself