Head tag

WHY DID i GET STUCK IN THIS EXERCISE?
The instructions says: Place the <head> element below the opening <html> tag. So I did put an open and close tag , now what???

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html/lessons/common-html-elements/exercises/head-html?action=resume_content_item

When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The document should be taking shape…

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

</head>
</html>
5 Likes

Hello, and welcome to the forums Tilda :slightly_smiling_face: !

After you put the opening and closing head tag between the HTML tags (as seen by @mtf), you hit run. After you hit run, you should move on.

I hope this helps =)

7 Likes

this is exactly what I did … I realized that my computer froze and wasn’t respond to my code, so after try few more time I reload the page, tried again and then it worked…
Thanks for your help!

5 Likes

I also tried that but like I mention to @mtf I realized that my page was frozen and after reload the page and try the code again it finally worked!

5 Likes

Your welcome! I’m glad you figured it out :slightly_smiling_face: !

4 Likes

it is important to start with DOCTYPE