Having issues writing a confirm statement in the tutorial and user not being able to understand it

Replace this line with your code.

For a confirm statement, you just do

If there's a more specific problem, I'm more than willing to help.

So in the template I will type as follows: confirm("I am ready to go."); and it gives me an error message saying that "Oops, try again." It also says "false" in the black box... Not sure what I'm doing wrong. :confused:

Could you please copy and paste the link for the exercise?

Thank you

When you run the code, a pop-up box should, well, pop-up. Click "Ok", otherwise it returns false and you can't go on to the next course.

It's not popping up for me though, and I've tried to reset it three times. Not sure what else to do.

What browser are you using?

Chrome. Would that be the issue?

I'm assuming you hit the checkbox that says "Stop showing pop-ups for this website?" or something like that.

Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, then select Settings.
Scroll Down and Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
Scroll down to the "Pop-ups" section, click Manage exceptions, and add http://[*.]codecademy.com and make sure the behavior is set to allow. Then, restart your browser (close it and reopen) and it should be working find.

I may have done that accidentally. Thank you for your help!

hi @javascriptjo i followed your adviced for this inconvinient and the message (Oops, try again. It looks like you didn't create the confirm dialog correctly is still popping out... any other suggestion??

Can you copy and paste your code? When/if the pop-up happens, are you clicking ok?

Just solve it... After following your instructions and refresh the page..
thanks a lot!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.