Having a bit of trouble with the Make the head

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>My webage</title>
</head>
</html>

I´m struggling with this as this let´s me through to the next part of the lesson but doesn´t show up in the browser thing.

Hey @netpro62464! Sorry we responded late, your wanting to have a layout like this as instructions say:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
       <head>
          <title></title>
       </head>
       <body>
          <h1></h1>
          <p></P>
          <p>.</p>
       </body>
    </html>

And your suppose to write in the h1,p, and title tags. Hope this helped!

You mean <title>My webage</title> won't show up? Title should show up in the browser tab, but codecademy iframe prevent this, try it on jsbin or a local html file (html file on your computer) and it will show

@amanuel2, your first paragraph has a lowercase opening tag, and uppercase closing tag. Bad practice

Hey amanuel2. How do you make those paragraph-like soaces in the commands like the title and head?
Thanks.

@sporon to make a paragraph in HTML you use the p tag

<p>some text</p>

I am running in the Edge browser, and having the same issue. If I type " Header ", the word "Header" appears, but if I code" "the word "Header" does NOT appear. But the lesson is marked as successful.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
<title> SmartFire's First Header </title>
</head>
</html>

Hmm....my post doesn't seem to make sense as the code I posted "disappeared". Interesting....not sure how to cut and paste code without it "disappearing" in the reply. Sigh.

Did you read my answer? It explains your question

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent is visible:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

Ah, I see the copied code now. This shows the Header text:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
SmartFire's First Header
</head>
</html>

This code does not (even though it is what is being taught:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
<title> SmartFire's First Header </title>
</head>
</html>

Just saw your response! I tried the link to Jsbin and it didn't work there either, I am not sure how to find html file on my computer but will look for it. Thanks!

Did you also look in the browser tab? The title shows fine on jsbin, do i need to make a screenshot of it?

Did you also see my instructions on how to make your code visible?

I did see your instructions on how to make code visible. Thank you. I can see my code now in the post. I may not understand what jsbin is (newbie!), but I followed your hyperlink in another post and tried the code in the jsbin and I had the same result. Perhaps it is the Edge browser that is the trouble?

Yes, because i applied these instructions on your code. Should work fine in edge too. Look:

title shows up fine in the browser tab, maybe try it without the spaces in the beginning and end:

<title>SmartFire's First Header</title>

Thanks for your help. I have tried the Jsbin in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. In each the header shows up if I remove the "title" command, but disappears as soon as I type the first title. It will show up if I leave the closing "title", but don't have the first "title". A small mystery. I'll keep going in my lessons. Thanks for your help.

but it is not suppose to show up in the webpage, but the browser tab. Do you even understand what i am saying? Do i need to make a print screen and draw a circle around it?

AH-HA!! Now I understand...it is a label for the browser tab...not on the webpage! I was looking for it in the wrong place. Geez! Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry I was too dense to catch that 3 posts prior. I'm with you now! :slightly_smiling:

And if you where to make your own website/html files, the title you put in the browser tab, will be fully yours to control, good you got the hang of it

I'm not sure what your answer means, stetim94.

and you reply is not clear, what is it your don't understand? Moderators are not magicians, if you have a question, make a new topic and describe what you don't understand, and include code to show your point