Has anyone else experienced this?

I made it to the “Wine Festival Schedule” exercise.
However, there are certain things which, while going through this, are brand new, and have not been demonstrated prior (unless I missed something), so I have no idea why I am doing them.

The element “class” as in Class= Left, was required for one of the instructions, and this is something that has definitely not been discussed prior to this, so I’m completely lost as to what, why, or how to implement this. I, of course, got the solution, but still, I would prefer to learn this first, so there is some background.
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this throughout.

Hopefully it will be explained, in regard to tables. If anyone can tell me what this is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

You must select a tag to post in this category. Please find the tag relating to the section of the course you are on E.g. Forms, Structure

When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

Hi,

The reason they put the class=“left” is for the styling of that element. By adding the class=“left”, you are able to target that specific element in css. They will go into this in the CSS lessons.

If you click on the style.css file at the top of the code editor in that project, if you scroll down to the bottom, you will find the following:

.left {
  width: 150px;
}

The .left in the css means they are targeting the class=“left” element in the html file and giving it a width of 150px.
Don’t stress about it now, when you get to the CSS lessons, you will understand.

Hope this help.
Kevin

Perfect Thank you! Good to know. :grinning:

1 Like