Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

To the young or old, married or single, poor or rich, liberal or conservative, religious or not, genius or dummy, big or small, athletic or maybe not so much, to the masters of code or the ones just beginning, whoever might read this and no matter wherever or whatever your life looks like at this point I hope to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! I write this early knowing most will be busy tomorrow and will, I hope, be enjoying all the food, fellowship, family, friends, faith, or football that goes along with these holidays. For those who have had lose or tragedy or do not have those things to look forward to for whatever the reason I want to wish especially to you a Happy Thanksgiving and to let those know that there is hope out there and still things to be thankful for. I also realize that no everyone celebrates Thanksgiving and to those I still believe we can all be thankful and even if its not a national holiday for you I wish you a happy day and a great life! Here is just a short poem that I think brings in the mood of the season and once again I wish all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Most of All

Thanksgiving Day brings to mind
the blessings in our lives
that usually go unnoticed:
a home that surrounds us
with comfort and protection;
delicious food, for pleasure
in both eating and sharing;
clothes to snuggle up in,
books and good entertainment
to expand our minds;
and freedom to worship our God.
Most of all we are thankful
for our family and friends,
those treasured people
who make our lives extra special.
You are part of that cherished group.
On Thanksgiving, (and every day)
we appreciate you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

By Joanna Fuchs

This is a really sweet post. Thank you for this, even though it wasn't directed at anybody, people can still be reminded that there is always good to come and hope for the hopeless. It's so hard to be thankful sometimes living in our world, especially with the ability to use technology regularly. There is so much to be thankful for, whether it's parents you don't really want to get away from, or siblings, or the daily struggles, or maybe a really bad situation. There is good out there, we all have to be the good in the world. I believe that random acts of kindness go a long way, and the world is so crazy right now, that we need to be thankful for anything we do have. I know it can be hard to be thankful when you're struggling with depression or have losses during the holidays, but no matter what, there are people out there who care, even if they're strangers. Additionally, being thankful helps so much to make us happier, and allow us to spend time with others even when we like to be alone. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Have a great day today and then the weekend. :slight_smile:
P.S. I'm thankful for all of your guys. :wink:

That was some good variation to the other topics, happy thanksgiving everyone!
And yes, properly speaking I don't celebrate thanksgiving but the poem was great :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: