My name is Caj and I’m following the Full-Stack engineer path.
For this project, I decided to do a Haiku Generator. I wanted to extend the project so it had support for the traditional 5-7-5 syllables way of writing Haikus. But I didn’t quite figure out how to pull it off so this will have to do for now.
I found the main task of the project quite easy, but it was hard to extend the way I wanted it and I did many iterations during the day. It took me about an hour to finish the main goal, but I spent all day on the syllables problem
The project is available at Github
Thanks for any feedback !
I had the exact same idea and developed it so it was interesting to see your approach. I think it’s cool you went with objects, I went with arrays and nested arrays and regretted not starting out with objects because I wanted to have a value for syllables for also for conjugated forms of the words. Instead I ended up with a bunch of different arrays.
I found that the hardest was actually figuring out the linguistic syntax and how word can combine. It took my about a week of working 3-4 hours to figure it all out. If you wanna see my version it’s here and a webpage for it here, also did a little HTML and CSS cause I was learning about that simultaneously…
Code might not run in Visual Studio terminal because it refers to an HTML document, so it needs a browser.
Wow, that’s so cool! I do agree with you that the hardest part is the linguistic syntax.
It’s a project I aim to go back to once I have some more time on my hands and more coding experience.
I’ll be sure to check out your project for some inspiration, it looks really good!
Yeah, syllable counting is the main reason I wanted to go with objects, it’s a shame I couldn’t get it to work quite right in the end.