Guide: How to Become a Web Developer

@mtf A Discussion with you would be appreciated.

There are no instructors, only the member community with volunteer moderators.

If learning from scratch, then the HTML course would be where to begin. Spend as much time as it takes to work through each lesson. Take your time and loop back often. Next, learn CSS. Keep working with these two until you are fully comfortable. Be sure to look up documentation (W3C, MDN, etc.) and loop back through that, too.

3 Likes

Thank you. It is very helpful.

1 Like

hiii i’m in ict class and i don’t understand nothing and i would like to know how to do the workset of learn html :wink: greetings <3

Hi all,
I’m just wondering, roughly how long do you think it would take to learn all of this? I already have some HTML and CSS knowledge. I work better when I can give myself a timeframe due to having ADHD :upside_down_face:

Is there a detailed explaination like this for Software developer as well. Like the ones which uses DS and Algo?

Hello! The link to the video is broken. The video is not available on YouTube anymore to be precise.
Cheers)

1 Like

Love this article. It clears many concepts which I was confused about. Thank you :v:

Hey there, I think that this answer really depends on each and everyone’s own set of skills and weaknesses. For me, I know that I need to spend twice the time someone else would to learn, just because I also have a lot of problems concentrating (I do not use and ADD medication and I recommend you don’t also - the negative externalities of using such medication outweigh the positive by far.
I suggest active and continuous learning. Don’t give up, even if you need to spend hours to find your error. It’s extremely important to emphasize on resilience and self-awareness. Logic and problem solving should be tools that you have at your disposal. Once you fully integrate that coding is more problem-solving, then you can solve the problem, find a solution, and then use your knowledge of syntax and rules in the language you want to program in. 2 years ago I never imagined being able to understand what a lot of codes did, now I am much more familiar. Practice and resilience are extremely important!

I would actually begin with Scratch JS. This has helped me a lot to understand the fundamentals of programming, then I continued onto JS. But JS, HTML and CSS go hand-in-hand together, so I suggest active learning in all of them. Scratch - Imagine, Program, Share (mit.edu)

Becoming a web developer can be an exciting and rewarding career path, and partnering with a reputable digital agency can help you on your journey. To become a web developer, start by gaining a strong foundation in programming languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Familiarize yourself with frameworks and libraries like React or Angular to enhance your skill set. Working with experienced developers and designers in a collaborative environment can accelerate your growth and help you stay updated with industry trends. By continuously learning, building a portfolio, and staying abreast of emerging technologies, you can pave your way to becoming a skilled web developer with the support of a reputable digital agency.

It’s a great journey to become a web developer because it gives you the chance to pursue your love of coding and provides many options to make money online in Pakistan. In this manual, we’ll lead you through the process of becoming a web developer and show you how to use your abilities to make money online.

Learn the fundamentals first

Start by laying a solid web development foundation. Important aspects to pay attention to are:

The foundation of web development is HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). It specifies how a webpage is organized.

Learn how to style your web pages with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), improve their aesthetic appeal, and develop responsive designs.

JavaScript: This programming language gives websites more capability and interactivity. For building dynamic web applications, it is necessary.

Select a Specialization in Step 2

Web development is a broad discipline with several subspecialties. Choose the topic that most interests you:

Front-end development: Put the emphasis on designing the user interface and making sure the user has a nice experience.

Focus on server-side scripting, databases, and data management when developing the back-end.

Develop a full-stack skill set by becoming an expert in both front-end and back-end development.

Learn web development frameworks in step three.

Frameworks can greatly accelerate development and improve your skills:

React, Angular, and Vue.js are a few examples of front-end frameworks that can be used to create dynamic user interfaces.

Back-end frameworks: When developing server-side apps, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Django are common options.

Step 4: Acquire Real-World Experience

The practice of web building is essential. Start with simple tasks and progress to more difficult ones over time. To get experience, you can create personal websites, participate in open-source projects, or work as a freelancer.

Create an online portfolio in step five.

Create an online portfolio exhibiting your work and abilities. Portfolios are frequently seen by prospective clients and companies to gauge your abilities.

Step 6: Keep Current

The field of web development is evolving. Reading blogs, taking online classes, and attending web development events or conferences will help you stay current on business trends, cutting-edge technology, and best practices.

Step 7: Look for Freelance Possibilities

The time has come for you to start making money online in Pakistan now that you have honed your talents and built a portfolio. This is how:

Platforms for Freelancing: Create an account on a well-known platform, such as Upwork, Fiverr, or Freelancer. Set up an attractive profile and begin submitting bids for web development jobs.

Local and international customers: Speak with regional companies and offer your web development services. Websites are necessary for many Pakistani enterprises, and they are eager to employ local workers.

Remote Work: Search employment boards like LinkedIn, Indeed, or Remote OK for remote web development positions. Many businesses use international remote developers.

Build Your Own Projects: Think about building your own websites or web applications and generating revenue from them via advertising, e-commerce, or subscription services.

Networking: Participate in meetups, get involved in web development communities, and make contacts with other developers. Collaborations and employment referrals might result from networking.

Step 8: Consider your finances

In Pakistan, it’s crucial to manage your money well when you earn money online. To maintain compliance with tax laws, keep track of your earnings and outgoing costs.

Conclusion

In Pakistan, becoming a web developer and making money online is not only possible but also quite rewarding. You may transform your love of coding into a successful career by becoming an expert in web development, selecting your area of expertise, acquiring real-world experience, and utilizing internet platforms. You’ll be well on your way to achieving financial success in the field of web development if you remain committed and continue studying.

If someone want to build websites? This guide is road map to all of us! Learn the skills, like coding, and pick your path: front-end (design), back-end (data), or both! Keep learning and hang out with other builders. This guide helps beginners get started and work together to make cool websites! If you want to learn web development course then you can attend a demo from Kochiva.

Kochiva holistically prepares you for your dream career through Foreign Language courses & industry-centric IT and placement assistance.

Hello Everyone!

I am currently at 43% of the Full-Stack Develpment Carrer Path, very close to starting the Back-End part of the program, and my questions is: am I able to get the Front-End Certification if I complete the corresponding courses, projects, etc. that the certification requires while being in the Full-Stack Path?

It would be nice to get the Front-End certificate, see if a job opportunity arises with that, and meanwhile progressing the Full-Stack path.

If anybody knows something or could point me in the right direction where to ask, it’s appreciated!

Happy coding!